The project will be developed over the next 7 weeks of the course. The deliverables for Week 1 are as follows:
Week 1 â€“ Definition of the Requirements Analysis section.
- I would expect to see 1-2 paragraphs each in a Background section and in a Purpose section (2-4 paragraphs total). This is providing the background information of the data model to be developed in subsequent weeks.
- You may start on some business requirements as well.
Before you start writing your Week 1 Data Management Project Description and Project Overview, please take a few preliminary steps:
- Click the Data Management Project link in the navigation menu.
- Download the IST 7000 Data Management – Final Data Management Project Plan.doc file to see the requirements for the final project plan document.
- Take a look at the samples located in the “Data Management Project Sample Documents” section. This gives you an idea of what you are putting together for the final project. Each week, we’ll be building onto the project until we arrive at the final project to be delivered at the end of the course. This first week, you will be focusing on the background of your project and the requirements. You will see how this was done in the examples provided.
- Click the “Week 1” link in the navigation menu.
- a. Review the Project Description and Project Requirements documents provided.
- Identify the project you plan to work on over the next 7 weeks. This could be based on experience you have in a previous job or could be based on one of your hobbies. It should be a way to gather meaningful information to help solve a problem with a process or to improve a process. You need to make sure you’ll be able to meet the requirements with your project. Please contact me by midnight on Thursday if you are stuck and need help or need me to assign you a specific task. Please indicate in your email to me some of your interests or an industry you have particular knowledge in as this project will mean more to you with some industry background knowledge.
- You will download and complete the “Week 1 – Data Management Project Description.doc” document located in the Week 1 section for this task.
You may work on this as a group or individually (whichever you prefer). I would ask the following:
- Group size should be no larger than 5 people.
- Email me a list of the people in the group by the end of the week (Friday, May 13 at 11:59pm).
- Pleaseplace all of your names on the assignment and each of you will need to individually submit the assignment.
- All of the written assignments are being sent through Safe Assign. This is a tool to flag any plagiarism. I wanted each of you to know this so there weren’t any surprises. The first offense of any plagiarism results in a 0% on the assignment and the second offense results in me having to report you for plagiarism. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding properly citing sources, etc.