1. Summary and Central Problem: Clear and Concise Definition of the Problem in the Situation.( Clear Definition)
2. Environmental Scan and SWOT analysis (Focus on the Cultural/Social, Economic, Technological, Political and Legal, Demographic, and Competitive factors)
3. SWOT analysis (Thorough and complete analysis of the macro-environment, using proper tools and concepts, and complete SWOT.)
4. Alternative Strategies: Identify all possible alternative strategies to cope with the problem defined. (Completely identifying alternative strategies)
5. Course of Action. (Conclusions and related consequences and implications are logical and reflect an informed evaluation and ability to place evidence and perspectives discussed in priority order. Identifies and discusses the right course of action.
Black & Decker Corp. (A)
1. Why is Makita outselling Black and Decker 8 to 1 in an account which gives them equal shelf space?
2. Why are Black and Deckerâ€™s shares of the two professional segments – Industrial and Tradesmen so different? (viz. about double in Industrial) Wouldnâ€™t you expect them to be similar?
3. What, if anything, do you learn from B&Dâ€™s consumer research?
And this paper should be 3 pages for double space.