Now that weâ€™re near the end of the course, and now that you’ve read five of Shakespeare’s greatest works, Iâ€™d like you to explore how you view Shakespeareâ€™s value in your own life, in a modern day setting. In other words, Why does Shakespeare matter?
Using a list format (#1 – 6), please answer the following questions:
1. What about Shakespeareâ€™s life and/or writing piques your interest?
2. What Shakespearean themes that weâ€™ve discussed in his plays pervade your own life?
3. Is your life more like a Shakespearean tragedy, comedy, history, or poem? How so?
4. Which Shakespearean character do you think you most resemble and why?
5. What can the world learn from Shakespeareâ€™s philosophies on life and love?
6. Finally, what is the most significant thing that the experience of this class (and reading Shakespeare) has taught you?
Do your best to provide a well-thought-out, detailed response to all six of these questions, then respond to your peers’ ideas/thoughts!