Performance Management Due Week 9 Worth 60 points.
This assignment consists of two (2) parts: a project schedule and a written response. You must submit both parts as separate files for the completion of this assignment.
Part A: Project Schedule: Submit a Microsoft Project file based on the POM+ Project in Appendix Two on page 641 of the textbook. The project file should depict a WBS and Gantt chart based on the tasks on page 642, the activity details from the table on page 643 and the resources from table A2.1 and A2.2 on page 644.
Part B: Written Response: Submit a Microsoft Word document addressing questions 1-7 in part 1 and questions 1-4 in part 2.
- Develop the WBS outline using the software available (save your file and submit it with the written memo to the SAME dropbox).
- Use this file and the information provided below to create a project schedule.
- The following holidays are observed: January 1, Martin Luther King Day (third Monday in January), Memorial Day (last Monday in May), July 4th, Labor Day (first Monday in September), Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November), December 25 and 26.
- If a holiday falls on a Saturday then Friday will be given as an extra day off, and if it falls on a Sunday then Monday will be given off.
- The project team works eight-hour days, Monday through Friday.
- The project will begin on January 3, 2012.
- Based on this schedule, submit a memo that answers the following questions:
- When is the project estimated to be completed? How many working days will it take?
- What is the critical path?
- Which activity has the most total slack
- Identify two sensible milestones and explain your choice.