1. What was the original purpose of software engineering process models and have they been successful?
2. Which process model would you use when a problem is well defined and the software needs to be of high quality and is not deadline driven? Why?
3. Explain the main differences between the waterfall model and the incremental model?
4. Explain the role of a prototype in any process model?
5. Explain why it may not be advisable to extend a prototype into the production system.
6. What process model would you recommended when your management demands fixed- budget development? Why?
7. If you were putting a system development project out to bid. What would be a reasonable CIMMI level to specify as a minimum requirement? Why?
8. Describe the four phases of the spiral model?
9. Explain how phases of the RUP model relate to the generic process activities of software engraining?
10. Explain Demingâ€™s approach to process improvement?